The world is being corrupted by a sickness. You and your trusty sword Cure must go to the source of the evil sickness and cure the world!
- 2D platformer.
- 8 weeks, half-time.
- Made with the schools in-house DirectX 11 2D engine that I had heavily modified to support 3D rendering.
- Maya Level Exporter and Level Importing – We used Autodesk Maya as our level editor. I made a plugin with the Maya C++ API for exporting level objects and collision meshes. The object in Maya was tagged with custom attributes that tell what kind objects they are and then exported.
- Custom Rendering Pipeline – Since we were using Maya as level editor and using actual meshes instead of 2D sprites. I re-wrote the render-pipeline of the school’s engine to be able to render meshes in the engine. Reason for doing this was to easier handle how objects were to render in the right order. Instead of we programmers handle it manually on the CPU, we let the graphics card handle it.
- GPU Particle System with Editor – Implemented and upgraded the system from previous project.
- Depth of Field Shader – With the aesthetics of the game we wanted to have out-of-focus areas on the screen. With the engine now is a fully 3D renderer I was able to get the depth of the scene and made a compute shader that blurred the fore- and background.